Friday, September 5, 2008

Proud to be an american

The last few days Greg and I have been excited to watch the Republican convention. If you didn't know, Greg is really into political stuff. He started really getting into it when he was studying at Cal State, San Bernardino. And now he's got me into it too. I don't know much about it though.
When I was young my parents weren't into politics. So I never knew what party I believed in. Well now that I'm married to Greg (and have to watch the political conventions just to spend time with him) I know that I am a Republican. After watching and listening to McCain and Palin I decided that they have my vote. I got really emotional when they spoke about are country and how they love it and it helped me realize how blessed we are to live in a free country and how much I love it too. God has blessed us with a great country. I support John McCain and Sarah Palin. I have to write this blog because this is history--having the first Republican vice presidential candidate as a woman. After watching the convention, I feel like they are going to win this election. I think we'll all have to pray for them.
So this is the first election where I actually know who I am going to vote for before going into the poll. I also know that I'm going to vote yes on Prop 8 and I pray that it passes.

2 comments:

Jill Land said...

Great post Veronica. I am with you! I think McCain and Palin are great. This will be a very interesting (to say the least) election.
YES ON PROP 8! PROTECT MARRIAGE!

Monty and Kristin said...

That's awesome Veronica! I totally agree with you! THey have my vote and YES ON PROP 8!! I'm thankful we get to vote and that we have the chance to say what we believe! Lets pray for the best and do our part! I love this post!

Photobucket