This weekend we went off for a camping trip with Dustin, Michelle, and their family. We camped at Mission bay, in San Diego. It was a lot of fun! But it wasn't fun trying to keep dirt off of the kids. Every time we changed their clothes they would fall down again in the dirt. I got so bad that I stopped letting Savannah even walk in the dirt. She got really excited when I finally put her down in the tent and let her use her own feet again.
The kids loved the playground. I'd never seen anything like it before. It was big enough to literally keep them busy all day long and strong enough for big kids to play on it too. Here's Savy enoying it.
This was my first time camping with Greg and the kids. Chase liked sleeping in his sleeping bag. This was his second time camping. Our first day there we walked around the place and at night we cooked hot dogs and ate smores.
The next day we went out to the bay and the kids (the big kids too) played in the water and sand. Chase was a little afraid to jump off of the diving platform, but he enjoyed swimming. 
Next, we headed to the pool which was very comfortable. The weather was nice because it stayed about 70 degrees day and night. So it was perfect!We got dressed and tried to stay clean to go to Old Town San Diego.
We made it there and had a good time. We ate at a fun Mexican restaurant. I had the best fish tacos ever--I was craving them all weekend so we had to get some.
We all also ate tons of candy from the old Candy shop. We are not big sugar eaters so it is still affecting us.
We made it there and had a good time. We ate at a fun Mexican restaurant. I had the best fish tacos ever--I was craving them all weekend so we had to get some.
We all also ate tons of candy from the old Candy shop. We are not big sugar eaters so it is still affecting us.
Here's Greg after telling Chase this canon story:
On our third and final day, we went to La Jolla shores to hang out with one of Greg's friends. The beach is ideal for anyone wanting to learn to surf. The waves are long and not too big. Thanks Michelle and Dustin for planning such a fun camping trip. We'll have to do it again very soon.

7 comments:
your kids are so stinkin' cute...i just want to pinch savannah!! Looked like a fun camping trip!
We had so much fun with you guys! Glad you could go. I can't believe how Chase just couldn't stay out of the dirt and how crazy it drove Greg. :) Too funny!
Man, you guys know how to have fun!! Glad you had a fun weekend with Dustin and Michelle. Chase and Christian always look so happy together--I love it! Savannah looks so cute in the tent!! She gets cutter and cutter everytime I see her, which I didn't think was possible! Looks like fun!
How fun! Camping is great, but it is dirty. After a certain point, I just say, "go ahead, get as dirty as you want, but remember, we have to clean it all off later". So they get dirty and love it, and later when I scrub them down, they hate it! Oh well, I guess it's worth it isn't it?
You are brave for taking kids camping! It sounds like so much work, but I'm sure my kids would love it. I also love Old Town San Diego. To answer you question, my oldest daughter Jordyn in almost 4, Scott just turned 2, and our baby girl Adelaide is 6 months. We should hang out sometime.
Looks like you all had a great time!
Looks like you guys had a blast:) we are forsure going to the next one :)
Post a Comment