Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun three day weekend

I have said this before in other post and I'm going to say it again, "I LOVE WHEN GREG HAS 3 or 4 DAY WEEKENDS!" He had one this past weekend and will have another one this weekend for Memorial Day.
The weather in Oahu is not Summer year round. In Makakilo it rains a lot. The nice thing though is that the temperature never drops below 70. Greg and I just hope when we plan to hit the beach the sun will be out. It can be sunny and out of no where it can start to shower.

On Thursdays Greg gets off work early so we decided to spend a afternoon at the beach and wait for the clouds to clear and the sun to break through them. The sun sure did come out after taking a long drive. We were happy to be out of the car and enjoy the swim:)
After living here for 5 months, we finally went to hanauma bay. Greg got a picture of me struggling to come up the hill. I did it...that was hard:)Same thing we waited around for the morning showers at home and hoped for the sun to come out. We got lucky and the sun did come out!!! The snorkeling is amazing but there were a few too many people at this very popular tourist attraction. I did do some snorkeling but got tired fast. I am so out of shape!

Saturday we watched Shreck, the final chapter and had some lunch, did shopping and YAY Finlay got the baby's crib. Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We enjoy church and spending time in our home together. I think especially for Greg!! He doesn't get to relax at home much.
Our little baby is almost here! I love that I can count down days and not months.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

I'm surprised that hill didn't throw you into labor! Good for you for doing it. Last time we were there a lady passed out doing that...or maybe it was snorkeling. I forget. Anyway, sounds like a fun weekend. Glad Carl has a crib. So excited to see that little guy!;) You guys look great!

Photobucket