Greg and I went to the hospital today to get a second ultrasound done on baby Carl. This ultrasound had to be taken at 33 weeks because during my last one we learned that one of Carl's kidneys was about twice as big as it should have been.
I've been doing a lot of worrying over the last few weeks, especially after the Doctor described what some of the problems could be. If Carl still had a problem at birth, he would have had to be treated and I didn't want anything happening to him after birth. My doctor explained to me that Carl might also be born with certain bladder problems.
When the tech was done checking the baby, she told me, "HIS KIDNEYS ARE PERFECTLY NORMAL." I was so relieved. Greg and the kids got to come in at the end of the appointment and got to see the baby. It was amazing getting to see his little face in 3D. He looked like Chase.
Carl weighs 5 lbs already. I know he's going to be another 8 pounder. He will also have a full set of hair. The technician showed Greg and me Carl's hair and it was sticking up, floating in the amniotic fluid. We were all so excited to find out that Carl's kidneys are healthy that we celebrated by having pizza!!!

3 comments:
That's great news!! And really was there any doubt that this was gonna be a BIG baby?? LOL That's how we roll girl!!:)
yea- i am so glad that all is well. phew. and i love the dress that you wore to the ball. it was perfect. :)
Oh that is wonderful! I'm glad everything looks good. Sometimes it's fun when they are worried because you get another ultrasound...but only if everything looks good!;) I can't wait to see him in real life. Glad you got to do the 3D one. FUN!!
Post a Comment