Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving week...

We had a really good time with our families on Thanksgiving. Since Greg and I have been married, he cooks the turkey. This year, he BBQ'd a prime-rib and ham also. The meat was really good! He's the only person that I know that is brave enough to BBQ 3 different meats for Thanksgiving dinner. The best part though was the great company. For the first time, the entire family was together on Thanksgiving.
After dinner with the Peterson's, we went to my mom's house to have Thanksgiving with my family. Some of my cousins were there too. They were talking with me about how they remember when I was their babysitter. It was fun hanging out with them. Here are the girls that I used to babysit:

I am thankful for so much this year, especially my husband's goodness, my children's good health, and our parents' love and support.

The next Morning Chase woke up and said to Greg, "Dad, what's next?" We laughed and Greg said, "now we get ready for Christmas." He was sooooo excited. Now he keeps saying, "it's Christmas" and "we need a Christmas tree."
This month we have had 6 family birthdays to celebrate: 1 nephew, 2 nieces, 1 brother, 1 sister-in-law, and 1 sister. On Thanksgiving day we actually celebrated two birthdays.

On Saturday, we went to my niece's birthday. The last one of the month. Savy looked so cute at the party. My sister put a flower in her hair.To finish the week off right, Greg burned all of the flashcards he had to memorize for the Bar. There were literally thousands and it made quite the flame! Here's the second batch:

3 comments:

Darci said...

I laughed about the flash cards. I bet that felt GREAT for him to burn all of those!

I think it is so cute how you call Savannah Savy:) It totally fits.

Ryan and Lizeth said...

I like that pic of you and Savannah, She looks so cute with the flower in her hair. I'm sure Greg enjoyed doing that.

Jill Land said...

Burn baby BURN! I felt the same way after the NCLEX!

Photobucket