Greg and mammy planned a wonderful family home evening for Chase. After dinner we went to get our Christmas tree. 
We decorated it with mammy's Christmas ornaments that she has collected over the years. There are even some that Greg made when he was Chase's age. Greg had a good idea to get a small tree to put on top of a table so that Savy wouldn't be able to pick the ornaments off of the tree.
Then mammy told the Nativity story. For dessert we ate birthday cake after singing Happy birthday to Jesus. Chase and Savy helped blow out the candles. Before Greg went to get the cake Chase said, " Jesus isn't here to blow them out"--it was cute. It was getting late for the kids and we didn't finished decorating the house. We're going to finish today. I am afraid this month is going to go fast. I hope it doesn't.
Chase and Greg finished the night by putting a train set together around the tree.

We decorated it with mammy's Christmas ornaments that she has collected over the years. There are even some that Greg made when he was Chase's age. Greg had a good idea to get a small tree to put on top of a table so that Savy wouldn't be able to pick the ornaments off of the tree.
Then mammy told the Nativity story. For dessert we ate birthday cake after singing Happy birthday to Jesus. Chase and Savy helped blow out the candles. Before Greg went to get the cake Chase said, " Jesus isn't here to blow them out"--it was cute. It was getting late for the kids and we didn't finished decorating the house. We're going to finish today. I am afraid this month is going to go fast. I hope it doesn't.
3 comments:
Yay! Christmas is here, but it will be gone before we know it! All of our neighbors have all their lights and decorations up. And I still haven't taken down the fall stuff!
I have a feeling that Savannah will still find a way to get to the tree. You could put it on the roof of the house and she would be able to get to it. Looks like you had a great night. Decorating the tree is always fun.
I love your tree! You did a great job decorating the house with all the fun ornaments that we've grown up with. Oh...and smart idea with the tree. Trey has already broken about 5 ornaments from the bottom of ours!
Post a Comment