Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Laie Temple!

The Laie Temple was rededicated this past weekend. All the youth from the State of Hawaii performed for President Manson, President Eyring, and President Cook at a cultural celebration on Saturday night.

Greg was really proud of the youth. He said they did an amazing job!! Afterwards, all of the youth were crying.

These pictures are from the LDS website. If you would like to read the article click here: http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/60159/Laie-Hawaii-Temple-Youth-present-cultural-celebration-2-The-Gathering-Place.html It's really cool to learn the history of the Laie temple.

Can you find Greg in this picture?

Here is the youth from our stake, and all of Greg's youngmen performed.
Chase, Savvy, and Carl got to go with Mammy and Grandpa to the open-house. Chase's favorite room was the baptismal font, and Savvy loved the sealing room. Carl loved the Celestial room.

6 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

That is awesome! I found Greg! Is he working with the ym? I thought you guys were in primaray. Anyway, what a great experience.

Veronica Peterson said...

Kristin he's the ym president since July. It was a great experience; the Holy Ghost has born witness that the church is true:)Our Heavenly Father loves us. I can't wait to go to the temple..its been a while since I've gone.

Veronica Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mammy said...

We sure did find Greg! He's the good looking guy in the back. I'm sure he was so proud of all his efforts. It was worth it in the end. We have seen a lot of pictures of the program. You can almost hear the music in the pictures!

Andy, Nikki, and Grant said...

Found greg! Awesome! What a fun experience that must have been! Can't wait to see you!

Andy, Nikki, and Grant said...

I just realized that the guy sitting next to Pres. Monson is Elder William Walker! I met him while i was on my mission. He told me he was proud of the number of baptisms me and my comp had the transfer before. Yeah we are pretty tight!

Photobucket