Monday, August 2, 2010

Fun week with Susy

It was AWESOME that my sister Susy came out to visit us for a whole week. It was nice to see my nephew Jacob and niece Alyssa too. They have grown so much since I last saw them, over six months ago. It was a surprise to see how different my sister looks after losing tons of weight. She looks GREAT! They flew in on Sunday and the next day we went to Ko'olina. I love how Alyssa did the shaka for this picture:)Tuesday, we headed to the PCC. Before we went in, we had lunch at McDonald'sA group shot at the Temple. To my surprise, it was possible to do it with all 5 kids. I thought it was funny when people would tell Susy and me, "You have your hands full."
We did lots of shopping at the swapmeet,target, and cosco. It was great to have her company at the stores because I wouldn't have gone alone. She helped me get all of Chase's school supplies.

For their last day with us we went to Bellows Beach. The weather wasn't so great and Alyssa got stung by a Portuguese Man-of-War. It hurt bad. We felt so bad for her. She was brave. Even after that, we stayed and did have a good time having lunch. Alyssa felt better and played in the sand. I love this picture of Jacob!! This is the evil little jellyfish on the end of a stick:/Later that day we had dinner downtown in Waikiki at the Cheesecake factory.Sweet picture of Alyssa
I miss them so much and our whole family in CA.

2 comments:

Mammy said...

What a wonderful week! You can sure tell that you and Susy are sisters. And you two certainly DO have your hands fulll!!!! All the kids look like they are having so much fun. It's really too bad about the jellyfish. I've heard that it can really really sting. Well, I guess we're your next visitors . . . It sure looks fun. We can't wait.

Monty and Kristin said...

Looks like you had a great visit with with Susy!! Wow, she does look great!! Good for her. That is so sad about the jellyfish...poor girl. Loved the pictures. Good for you for venturing out with all 5 kids! Looks like you all had fun together. Miss you guys too!!

Photobucket