Friday, August 13, 2010

Chase's 1st day of school

August began for us with Chase’s first day of school. First they tested him, and then we went to a parent orientation to meet the school administration and to meet Chase’s teacher. Chase's school is Mauka Lani Elementary. The school Mascot is the Mountain Lion, school colors are red and yellow. His teacher is Mrs. Iwane.

This pictures was taken just before our camera died. We were leaving to the orientation. Chase look just a little excited:)Chase's first day in class was only a half day. He did really well but he's a little shy. I was running so late I didn't get to take any pictures. Bummer, I know!! I took him to school with Carl and Savvy! It was a mission because the school is on a hill. It's a hike to get to his class:) Greg was at Tripler having his Lasik surgery. It went well and Greg has recovered really well from it. He did have an uncomfortable weekend though but he survived:)


His first full day was great!! These are from that day:)

Before going to class:When I picked him up:On his second day, he did let us know that he got a yellow warning during nap time. He got into a little trouble. He told us that two boys were rubbing his head, probably because his hair is cut really short. He sat up and told them, "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!" The story really made us laugh.

He told Greg and I that he knows the rules now and he will stay down for nap time:) But he understands that he doesn't have to let any kids touch his hair.

He's been talking to us a whole lot recently and saying lots of funny stuff about his days in school. A whole week has gone by.

Every night Greg asks him how is day at school went. On Wednesday, Chase beat Greg. Chase asked Greg how work was. Greg looked surprised and said good. Then Chase asked what Greg did. And Greg told him that he helped some people. And then Chase said, "Oh, I didn't know that you help people. Why do they need help?" We were both amazed. Chase has never shown any interest in anything but his cousins, friends, and video games. We think school is now helping him understand that there is actually more out there, and that he's not at the center....

Let’s see how next week goes for him???

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lasik?? Really?? How are you seeing bro?? Good for you!! Congrats Chase!! Christian is in school now too. Class of 2023 baby!!

Dustin

Mammy said...

Sounds like he's going to do okay in school. In fact, he sounds very grown up. Now he's asking how Dad's day went! Very mature. It's scary how fast the kids are growing up. I just can't even think about it! Love you guys.

Photobucket