Friday, April 30, 2010

You're on my mind...

Carl has been on my mind a lot this week, and I realized I only have 8 weeks left. Chase, Savvy and I have started looking for baby stuff. Savvy has been worried about what stroller were getting for Carl. Oh, and she tells me, "Mom, we need to get diapers for the baby!" Chase is concerned about getting him a swing and a bassinet to sleep in.

Yesterday, at the NEX (Navy mall), Chase picked out his baby brother's first outfit. I am super happy the kids are all excited for Carl's arrival. I can't wait to meet this baby and carry him in my arms, but I am worried about labor. I remember labor real well so I get scared. This time around, I am going to get a epidural. I've experienced natural birth twice and it hurts a lot.

I also had a doctor appointment yesterday. While we were waiting to see my midwife, Chase asked me, "Mom how do they get the baby out." I smiled and said, "The doctor gets the baby out with their hands." Chase laughed then I said, "That's kind of funny huh..." Chase looked a little confused:)

He also asked if he could see the baby at the hospital after I have him. So I asked the doctor and she told me that the kids could even be present during labor. I was thinking in my mind, "Oh no I wouldn't have Chase with me at labor! That would traumatize the poor kid!" Well I'm excited to know the kids will get to see us after labor.

I talked with my midwife about all the back pain I've been having. She was so awesome and said to me, "Well we are going to have to go look for a pregnancy belt." I have heard of it before but never tried one. The nurse put it on me and I was sent off. I wore it until night and Oh man I just loved it. It does help so much. It feels like all my baby weight is being supported. So when I bend down my whole weight doesn't put pressure on my back or lower belly.

With my OB doctor when I was pregnant with Chase, I talked about back pain. He just told me to suck it up. He was a horrible doctor. I don't know why I continued to see him. Maybe I was young and I didn't know better. I thought all OB doctors were jerks like him. But my new doctor proved me wrong.

1 comment:

Mammy said...

There sure isn't much time left. I really sympathize with your back pain. I've never heard of a back belt, but it must be the greatest invention since the epidural!

Photobucket