Thursday, October 8, 2009

JAOBC Graduation

The big day! Wednesday morning came and we were so busy finishing packing. Greg had so much to figure out--what he was taking and what I was taking back home for him. Oh, and let me just say the people in C'ville are up super early (dressed and ready for the day). I'm talking like 5-6am early. It was a rush--we had to get to his graduation by 10 am. Thank goodness we made it just in time. Greg has completed his first 10 weeks in the Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course. Yay!The Graduation was on September 30th, 2009. It was nice and not too long. Greg with all his LDS buddies:It was fun having my mom and Greg's parents there with us. After the ceremony we had pizza at a really good Italian restaurant. I'm not lying. Greg and I went there like 4 times during our visit. Later in the afternoon we went to Monticello.

Waiting for the shuttle to take us to Monticello. This is a picture of me behind the Garden area with a beautiful view of VA: Thomas Jefferson's home is amazing and interesting. I think this picture is sweet because how Chase is hugging me:Greg is almost as tall as Jefferson: Savy not so much:Chase learned how to play chess inside the discovery center:


We couldn't leave C'ville until our parents visited the university. I love this view.I loved having my mom visit this city. She hasn't been on a real vacation in a long time and has never been to the east coast of the USA.To be continued: our visit to Washington DC.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks fun!! Hey you didn't like my editing for your group shot...LOL

Veronica Peterson said...

Michelle I really do like it. Today I had more time to change it. It looks a lot better! Thanks again:)

Michelle said...

LOL....love to tease you!!!

Monty and Kristin said...

So glad you were able to go out and visit and be there for Greg's graduation. I am so happy he was able to see you and the kids!! The pictures are beautiful! So green!!

Photobucket