Monday, October 5, 2009

Charlottesville, Virginia

We are back home! Greg was lucky to live in C'ville for 10 weeks in many ways, but one downfall (besides being apart) is missing homecooked meals. He loves cooking, so it's hard not being able to go in a kitchen and make yourself a meal. Our first week at C'ville we didn't rent a car. Greg insisted we did, but I convinced him it wasn't necessary. I'm glad we didn't because we went on beautiful walks. A shopping center was close by. I loved it because most of my favorites stores were there. Chase's favorite was the Spirit Halloween store. He is already in the Halloween spirit... and knows he wants to dress up as Snake Eyes from GI Joe. While Greg was at school, the kids and I went on walks, shopped, swam, dined, and when Greg was out of class we did the same. Oh, and Chase made Halloween crafts that I got at Michael's. That kept him busy. The weekend came and we rented a car. Greg and I were so thankful to have one because the weather was so beautiful and we drove further out.We spent a wonderful day outside the university. The university campus is gorgeous. Here we are in front of the rotunda steps: Greg, Chase, and Savy inside of it:Greg with the kids on campus grounds:
Blog to be continued.......

5 comments:

Ryan and Lizeth said...

I am glad the trip was so much fun and cannot wait to see and hear more about it. The family looks so good together. I love it. Welcome home!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks babe for posting such a wonderful blog.

Darci said...

the picture of Chase by the bell is so cute! I am so happy that you and the kids were able to go visit Gregg.

Michelle said...

You guys look so happy!!! Can't wait to see and hear more...

Caitlin said...

I'm so glad you got to see him! It's amazing that when you're done with training how fast the time seem to fly. At least that's what happened to me. What a beautiful area!

Photobucket