Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July...

Happy 4th of July! This picture is for Greg. He made it safely to Virgina. While Greg was on a airplane, the kids and I spent the afternoon at a pool where my sister lives. Chase went on his first water slide with me and he loved it. Savy didn't:) It was the first time in a long time that my mom and sister went swimming. It was exciting to be at the pool with them. I missed Greg though, but his with me in spirit.
When I got back home from dropping Greg off at the airport, there was the flag that mom and dad put up. I felt so good. I thought of Greg and how proud I am of him for serving our country. He told Chase whenever you see a flag, think of me. It has been cute to hear a shot out from Chase saying "mom there's a flag, I'm thinking of my dad." He has seen lot's from where my mom lives.

5 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Dang, you made me cry!! Thanks a lot!! Now everytime I see a flag I'm going to cry I think!! Glad you guys were able to fun swimming.

Michelle said...

Love the flag idea!!

Darci said...

I love your new blog header photo. That is a great picture!

Ryan and Lizeth said...

What an awesome kid Chase is!! He can be super proud of his daddy. We are proud of Greg too. Glad you had a great weekend. It was fun to see you guys Sunday night.

Jennifer said...

So wait..where did Greg go? Is he in the military?

Photobucket