As I sit here, trying to fight off this Nyquil-induced exhaustion, anxiously awaiting the safe return of my better half from a late night Twilight event, I can’t help but wonder: what is it about Twilight?
It seems to be taking over everything, from classrooms at school to my family blog. What’s the big deal with this pasty white, bushy eyed, meat-eating-vegetarian-vampire that breaks into an underage girl’s bedroom at night to watch her sleep?
A year ago, this type of creep would have been on America’s Most Wanted, making it tough for the rest of us to sleep at night. Now, saying anything unfriendly about him (Edward) borders on sacrilege. What gives?!
If anyone could set me straight, I’d appreciate it. I could be mistaken. Maybe you need to read the books to appreciate it. Maybe there’s something terribly romantic about breaking and entering, stalking, trespassing, and senior citizens dating teenagers. Or maybe it’s just the NyQuil talking. At any rate, I hope this madness ends--yesterday.

6 comments:
Oh Greg, I think it will be going on for a while and now that the movie is in your house...who knows. Really, I just think it's a girl thing. Every girls high school fantasy really! Harmless though and sure a lot of fun! LOL Don't worry, she still comes home to you every night and hasn't ran off to Forks to fo vamp hunting with me yet!!!
See you tonight Veronica!!!
Greg I laughed so hard when I read your post. I will admit that I honestly wasn't the biggest fan of Edward while reading the books. He kinda creeped me out a little bit. I do agree with you on some of your points about Edward...
BUT, in the movie Rob Pattinson made me like Edward:)
LOL... you are soooo hilarious. I just checked out this book from the library yesterday. I don't understand the big deal with Twilight either but it's gotten many Samoan girls to read a book that was bigger than a book of mormon so it must be good. After reading your interpretation of what the book is about, I don't think I want to read it anymore.
Dora...read on girl, read on! Join us in our obsession!!! :)
Greg, I wanted to respond to your post but did so on my blog so check us out.
you are too funny..my husband shares your sentiment..
Post a Comment