Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chase is a Sunbeam now!

Today was Chase's first Sunday in the primary as a Sunbeam. Towards the end of sacrament meeting Chase asked "mom, am I going to the primary." I said that he was and he looked really scared and told me and Greg that he didn't want to. Greg and I told him that he was now a big boy and had to go the primary to be like his cousins.

He looked like he was going to start crying when he said "I'm not a big big big boy yet." He was really nervous and I felt really bad for him. It made me smile because that was the first time he ever said that he is not a big boy.

When I took him to primary I had the butterflies for him. I just didn't want to see him cry. I stayed with him until his teacher got there. I looked back to see him and he looked scared. I thought he was going to start crying again but he didn't. I was so proud of him. When we were driving back home from church I asked him what he learned and he told me he learned how to make a crown, eat cookies, and bless the cookies. (That sounded like a fun day in Primary!)
I am so happy to know he is going to enjoy primary. I hope he does well from now on. The primary president said he did everything well. She said he sat down quietly and participated. Last month Savannah officially started nursery and she really likes it. I can already leave her there without any crying. Chase was three before he would let us leave him there alone. We're so proud of her too.

5 comments:

Ryan and Lizeth said...

Wow good for you Chase. It is ok if you don't want to be a big boy yet. I wish all of you kids would stay young. I remember having lots of fun times with you in the nursery.
Good for Savy. She really is an independent woman isn't she. I love the picture of Chase with the crown. He really looks proud.

Michelle said...

Good for Chase! Christian decided he wasn't havig anything to do with Primary today! :( But daddy stayed home with a sick Chloe and I was in nursery so maybe next week we can double team him. :)

Marci said...

They are both getting so big!!!!

Monty and Kristin said...

So fun! Maybe for next years christmas song you can sing the sunbeam song!! Good for Savannah for staying in Nursery. That's so nice for you! You actually get to sit in a lesson? Great job to an awesome niece and totally cool nephew!

Anonymous said...

I teach Sunbeams! It is fun but the first few weeks are a bit rough!

Photobucket