Saturday, August 27, 2011

Green Belt

Chase will be hitting his one year of Tai Kwan Doe in Sepetember. He continues to enjoy it. He recently got promoted to green belt. He works hard learning all the moves. He's getting closer to black belt, but for this up coming year it's going to be more difficult. During testing to pass the instructor will not be talking the students through their forms and they have to know every move by themselves.

Here is Chase after sparring. He got really into it and did a cartwheel the other day, then popped up and started kicking. I laughed so hard. I think he wanted to show off to the girl (he was sparring with) who is really good.Chase sparring on testing day. Has been for 4 months now. In the beginning it scared him and he would back up, but now he's getting good at it:)Chase and I with his new belt:) I'm really proud of him. He's on his toes. He's getting better at keeping them down:) I don't think on our blog I've talked about Chase being on his toes all the time yet.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Yay Chase!! That's super impressive!! Congrats!! you look cool!!

Mammy said...

Great pictures. A green belt is pretty impressive. I wish I could have seen the cartwheel. I'll bet that was something!

Photobucket