Saturday, February 13, 2010

President's Weekend

Greg gets four days off this weekend for Presidents' Day so that means we get to go exploring different areas of the Island.

Yesterday morning we went back to Ko Olina where there are 4 really cool lagoons. I really like it because it's safe for the kids. Chase learned how to snorkel and swim here. While we were there we opened a coconut.

Last week Greg got two coconuts from a palm tree on the Windward side of the island. He worked really hard to open it for us. I took pictures of that but our memory card didn't save any of the pictures. Soo sad! Well, we opened the second coconut yesterday at Ko'olina and we all helped this time. All that we used was a rock and our hands. Greg loves pretending like he's Man vs. Wild out here! We all liked the coconut, except for Chase. It tasted "kind of too wierd" for him. We have found some really fun places for the kids to be kids. Here is Savvy at one of those places on the Leeward side of the Island. Savvy didn't really like the big waves here very much. Chase did.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

4 day weekend?? I think you mean a 3 year weekend!! It is beautiful out there!!How awesome for Chase and Savvy to get to experience all of that.. Sure miss you guys, but would trade you places in a heartbeat.. LOL!!

Dustin

Ryan and Lizeth said...

I wanna try busting open a cocoanut and play Man Vs Wild too. Wow it looks awesome. I am super jealous of you guys. Looks beautiful out there. This is a great post. Love you guys!!

Michelle said...

I asked Chloe what she wanted to drink with dinner and she said "cocoanut juice" and I can't blame her!!! :)

Monty and Kristin said...

That's awesome! I love the pictures. I agree...the liquid does taste weird! That's great he got it open. He is a man vs wild. That's hard! Looks like you're having fun!;)

Mammy said...

Oh, my goodness, these pictures are unbelievable! You are really there doing the things you dreamed about for so long. You all look wonderful and sound wonderful. I miss you!

Photobucket