Thursday, December 31, 2009

baby update...

Yesterday I had a doctor appointment. My doctor is awesome. She went over the ultrasound that I did on the 18th. That appointment first was schedule for the 10th but I had to reschedule. It was great that I had to because Greg came home the day before and he was able to come with me. It was amazing that although I was only 13 weeks along, our baby was already formed. I asked the technician if she could see whether it is a boy or girl. She said it looks like a boy.

I was surprised when my doctor said I am now 15 weeks! This pregnancy is going fast. Since Greg has been home I have been thinking more about the baby and feels more real that we are going to be parents to another child. The kids are super excited. Chase is sweet he kisses my belly and always tells me he loves the baby. He also gives me lots of hugs. He says, "Mom I can't wait for our baby to come."
Savannah is a doll. She also kisses my belly and tells me "I love my baby" while rubbing my belly. They came to the appointment really excited, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat really clearly. This was the first time that I could actually recognize the baby's heartbeat. In my previous pregnancies I couldn't tell if it was my heartbeat or the baby's. But my new doctor helped me hear it with this one. She's so great!

After the appointment we went to Los Angeles to visit my Grandma. She's visiting from Sacramento. It was a blessing she came because I wanted to see her before our move. Since Nov. I have been trying to figure out how I was going to get to Sacrament to visit with her. I hadn't seen her in 2 years. Right now she is recovering from an open heart surgery done in September. I got to see her on Sunday and yesterday with Greg and the kids. I am very happy I got to say good-bye and I hope and pray she recovers. I hope to see her again. The kids with their great-grandma:My visit with her on sunday with my parents and siblings. Here is my dad with his mother and me.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

I'm glad you got to see your grandma. That's great you only had to go to LA to see her...no greyhound!:)
Glad the baby is doing well. We love him too...can't wait to meet our tropical buddy!:)

Theodora Salanoa said...

I'm so jealous of you. What a blessing to be able to have your chilren meet their great-grandmother. I absolutely miss my grandparents. Congratulations on the pregnancy. Oh and by the way, where are you guys moving to?

Photobucket