Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Swearing in ceremony

Monday, Greg was sworn in as an official attorney. It was an amazing experience for us. When we got into the courtroom, I felt like I was in a movie. Greg was excited to take an oath to defend the constitution-that was his favorite subject in Law School: The room was lit up so bright and beautifully. It was exciting when the front doors opened and a man said "all rise! " Then the three judges came in the court room. Everyone had a good time except for Savannah who wouldn't stop crying. Thankfully, Dad took her outside and let us watch the ceremony in peace. Thanks Grandpa! I was a little nervous for Greg because the judge talked to every single person who has getting sworn in. He asked everyone personal and legal questions. When it was Greg's turn to speak to him I was so proud of Greg because he did an awesome job. I was proud he was able to tell the judge he was going to be a JAG. I think Greg was one of the few who had a job lined up. It was a relief knowing that. Here's a picture of the judge giving Greg a bad time: Since we've been married, most of Greg's time has been spent at school. It's been a long journey to get to this day and it wasn't easy. I'm very proud of him.
This is the courthouse where the ceremony took place.

6 comments:

Ryan and Lizeth said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for all of you. That is a great acomplishment and we are really proud of you for it. Way to go!!

Caitlin said...

What a fun event! I got the shivers just reading about the experience, can't imagine what it was like to have been there. Congrats you guys!

Marci said...

Congratulations to both of you!!! We are proud of you both for sticking to it all the way!

Michelle said...

Congrats...what an event that you will never forget!

Monty and Kristin said...

Congrats!! I would have loved to see that. It's REAL!! What a long road--you've put in the time. Now it will all pay off!! Great JOB!!

The Rich's said...

You guys should be SO PROUD!!!! I am impressed that you both made it through, what a proud day! i will definately be coming to greg if i ever get in trouble with the law! way to go guys!

Photobucket