Thursday, May 26, 2011

Graduate!

Today was Chase's last day of kindergarten. Yesterday, May 25th, he had a Kindergarten Graduation ceremony. It was so sweet! They announced that he's class of 2023! Yikes! Scary to think about!Savvy giving Chase his candy lei.He's proud of himself and glad he's done with kindergarten. Please don't tell him how much harder 1st grade is going to be:)Chase with his best buddy.Chase with his class mates and teacher.He was excited to have a candy lei. I put his favorite gum, blow pops, and gummy bears. I think Chase's graduation was a big deal..he learned so much in 10 months of school. He learned how to be on his own, and he learned the alphabet and sounds. Next thing I know he's reading and spelling. By the end of the school year he was adding and subtracting, and every Friday there was a spelling test . Who does that in kindergarten? Or is it just in Hawaii? He also learned some of the Hawaiian language. I don't remember ever doing that in kindergarten. All I remember of kindergarten is my teacher reading books and recess.

He had long hours of school but it was all good for his development. I did miss not getting to watch him learn in class. At his school they didn't have parent heplers in class and any how I wouldn't have been able to with having Carl and Savvy with me.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats Chase! Yes, kinder is a big deal for sure. SO much learning tha goes on there. Christian still has 3 weeks of school left, but I thnk he's glad. He sure loves it. Sorry you didn't get to help out in the class, that's a great experience.

Monty and Kristin said...

He looks so grown up! Great job finishing Kindergarten. It's fun that all three of these boys Chase, Kory, and Christian are finishing Kindergarten! it's fun to watch them grow up together!

Photobucket