Monday, September 20, 2010

Pearl Harbor

One morning, after dropping Chase off at school, we went to Ko'olina. Mammy played with Savvy in the sand, and Savvy loved it!! I got a lot of cute pictures of Carl in his swimsuit. Here is one of those.When I got out of the water, Carl was hanging out with grandpa:) Thanks Grandpa for babysitting and letting me do some swimming! Both Mammy and Grandpa let me go out in the water quite a bit...yes!! After Chase got out of school, we headed over to Pearl Harbor. Here's a group shot.. mammy took this picture.The kids liked riding the boat over to the monument dedicated to the Soldiers that were trapped alive in a battleship during the pearl harbor attack. It was our first time there and I learned that the memorial was literally directly over a battleship named the Arizona, that was bombed.

This is a portion of the ship that is not underwater. It has attracted sea turtles which were swimming near it. While I was standing inside, I could actually feel what had taken place. It was sad to read all the names of all the soldiers that died.
Chase really got it all too. He really understood what had taken place. He was very sad to learn that so many fathers and brothers and sisters and sons and daughters had died.

One final image:.

2 comments:

Darci said...

I can't believe how big Carl is already! He is so cute and looks a lot like Savanah I think. Savanah is gorgeous and just keeps getting prettier and prettier!

Mammy said...

I hope everyone who comes goes to see Pearl Harbor. It is quite the experience. Ask Chase. He got it.

Photobucket