Monday, March 22, 2010

We are expecting a...

Six months down and three to go!!

It took 3 ultrasound appointments to know what this baby was going to be, not that he didn't want to show, but because of problems with paper work, insurance complications, and not having a babysitter. We finally know for sure now that....I knew it was a boy the whole time, but I had to see it to believe it. He showed himself openly. The ultrasound tech and I talked throughout the appointment a lot. When she checked for the baby's sex, she told me it's a boy, then said look at that turtle. I thought that was so cute and funny. I think this baby has a nickname already.
Greg and I decided to name him after an amazing man: Carl Reuben Peterson. We were thinking about naming him "Tru," but, because of an amazing experience, we changed our minds.

We originally only wanted two children. I felt that Chase and Savvy were the only ones for Greg and me. But, almost 8 months ago, I started praying really hard about whether to have another child.

My prayer was answered in Fillmore Utah at Greg's grandpa's funeral, Carl Reuben Peterson. At the funeral I remember feeling that there was another spirit waiting to join our family. At that moment, I knew we needed to have another baby and I felt I should name him after Grandpa. I think it's amazing that I felt an answer so strongly. It was even more amazing that I felt it would be a boy.

We are very excited. But we do worry that being named after such a great man will be tough on the little guy. He's going to have a lot to live up to!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that story! A big name to live up to indeed, but with you as parents he will be just fine. :) Love you guys and V, you look great!!! :)

BTW....love the new pic in your header. :) Makes me so jealous.

AC6DG said...

Very good, Great grandpa will be very happy. Dad

Ryan and Lizeth said...

Why you gotta make me emotional eh??? Very sweet. You look so cute Veronica. That ultrasound really shows a great profile of the baby. Love you guys. Thanks for the posts. It is really fun to see the pictures.

Monty and Kristin said...

super cute way to announce 'it's a boy'. love his name. you look great!

Caitlin said...

Okay... why you gotta go and make me weepy?! That was such a sweet story. And what a great story to tell your son someday! I'm sure he will make a fine Carl Reuben Peterson, and what a great name he'll have!

Mammy said...

He's going to be a great little guy. Even if his nickname is TURTLE! Congratulations! And Veronica, you look GREAT!

The Rich's said...

this is amazing veronica and you look AMAZING!!!!!! you are such a cute pregnant person and i think your son will be an amazing person to be named after grandpa! love you guys...

Photobucket