Our flight went well. All of us were excited to get to Hawaii, especially Chase. He was patient for the entire 6 hour flight. Savannah was excited but not patient! Good thing she slept on Greg's lap for the last 3 hours. They weren't scared on the flight at all, until Greg told them that they were going to jump out of the airplane with him. Savannah looked so scared! That's all you dad.
When we landed, Greg's friend Scott and Major Hall welcomed us to the island. They gave us beautiful flower leis. Being pregnant, I got emotional and almost started to cry. Greg was able to check-in to his base at the airport. They made hotel reservations for us and took care of us. We're staying in Honolulu.
The first day, after checking in to hotel, we went to Waikiki. It was really empty and the water was warm, calm, and clear. The kids jumped straight in.
Chase loves being buried up to his neck and then "Hulk smashing" his way out. Savannah loves burying him. Even after he smashes out!
We've been exploring the island, trying to figure out how to get around. We've learned some of it, but there is just so much! I didn't think the island would be this big. Chase didn't either. He told us, "I didn't think Hawaii was big like where we're from." Chase's only complaint after the first day was that "there aren't any stores in Hawaii. You know, like grocery stores." So the next day we took him to the army commissary on Greg's base.
Chase and Savannah love the water. Chase learned how to breathe with the snorkel that he got for his birthday. It is awesome watching him go underwater trying to find fish.
Yesterday morning the kids and I got to visit Greg's work. We got to meet everyone who will be working with him. Everyone was very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. First they had a potluck breakfast and after that Greg got promoted to Captain! They let me change his rank. That was special, and again being pregnant I got all emotional.
We even got to visit Greg's office. I will be decorating it:) I forgot to bring the camera. It was the nerves that made me forget it. I was so nervous to meet everyone in Greg's office, including his boss, and his boss's boss, and her boss. We felt like it was our first day of school!
We are still in a hotel. We are going to be in a hotel for as long as the kids can stand it while we look for a house. We've decided to buy something in the Ko olina/Kapolei area. Chase is like his dad because he doesn't like living in a hotel. Chase said, "I don't like living in a hotel because you have to be quiet!" Him and Savvy are doing such a good job being good though!
We are all a little homesick, especially Savannah. She said on Thursday as we were coming home from Turtle bay, "when are we going home?" We said, "to the Hotel?" And she said, "No. To our home, Mammy's home!" It was sad!
We got to web cam with Mammy and Grandpa last night and Savvy kept saying, "I love you, I love you, I love you!" It was good for the kids to see them, and Chase keeps saying that his cousins are going to move here soon. We hope he's right!

6 comments:
aaahhhh...glad you guys are doing well and enjoying being together as a family again. Veronica you made it!!!:) Hope all continues to go well and maybe we could meet up with you guys next year when Keith and I go there.
How exciting!!! I am SO happy for you guys that you are together again! What a great time in your lives-back together, new job, looking for a home, pregnant! oh and Hawaii?! Awesome:)
It really does sound like paradise . . . Chase's snorkling is unbelievable! He's a fast learner. I think when we see the kids again, they will have fins and scales! We miss you, but we're so happy for you that it takes most of the pain away. We're already planning our visit. Do you have your visitor calendar started yet, Captain and Mrs. Captain? We love you!--Mom
Oh you guys, we are so happy for you!!! I tlooks like you are making your selves right at thome and that's great. Chloe and Christian went to Mammy's today wile Dustin helped me on a shoot and they just didn't understand why Chase and Savy weren't there and all the toys were gone. Oh and Chloe kept asking for Uncle Greg. :) Thanks for the pics and keep them coming. We love you guys and miss you already!!
OK, should have checked for spelling...it's been a long day..sorry!! :)
Chase you rock!! I loved watching him snorkel! What a fast learner! Those were great video's and pictures. I love them all. Look like Hawaii is agreeing with you guys!!:) So happy for ya.
Post a Comment